A Certificate in Information Technology (CIT) acts as a stepping stone for a rewarding career in computer networking, internet security, digital marketing, website design, programming, graphic design, etc., either in employment or self-employment.
IT is undoubtedly one of the easiest ways to start making money on your own, and CIT gives you an all-rounded introduction into this arena.
After completing the course, you can also choose an area of specialization through online courses, such as CISCO CCNA for networking, cyber security, web design, statistical packages, graphic design, digital marketing, etc. to enhance your skills in any area of interest in ICT.
The Craft Certificate in Information Technology is intended to equip the trainee with skills, knowledge, and attitudes that are responsive to the challenging and dynamic needs in the computing sector.
Upon successful completion of the course, the graduate will be able to work in salaried employment or self-employment. You should be able to:
- Provide consultancy and advisory services in a dynamic world of ICT.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware and software
- Design, install and manage computer networked systems.
- Use Information Technology effectively in the work environment to analyze, identify and define organization requirements and opportunities.
- Design and develop quality and acceptable software solutions.
- Diagnose, support and develop quality and acceptable ICT infrastructure.
- Design, implement and support security in information systems /ICT environment.
- Apply programming skills to provide solutions to existing problems
- Supervise effectively the computing environment in the work place
- Apply system administration and networking skills in areas such as production, research, consultancy, education.
- Analyze the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal and policy issues, as well as electronic waste management
- Acquire the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for self or formal employment
- Proceed for further training in this field
Career Opportunities for Certificate in IT
You can take up the role of a
- Programmer (software application developer)
- Computer hardware engineer
- Web developer
- Computer network architect
- Computer Support and Maintenance
- Data recovery manager
- Computer systems analyst
- ICT consultant or specialist
Duration of certificate in IT
This course is designed to take approximately 1 year, including a combination of coursework within the institution and industrial attachment.
The minimum entry requirements for CIT are:
- A pass in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with an average grade of D+ (plus)
- Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC)
Any student enrolled in this course will undergo a field attachment in a Information Technology for a minimum period of 10 weeks.
Examinations for CIT
There will be:
- Continuous internal assessments coordinated by BCTI
- External Competence assessment at completion of course coordinated by TVET KNEC
Certification for CIT
If successfully completed, the candidate will be awarded a certificate by TVET KNEC and Beta Care Training Institute.
Food and Accommodation for boarders
9,000 per month
March & September
Reporting Date for next Intake
March, 2024 Apply Now
Got a Question?
Please call or Whatsapp on 0708177909 for the fee structure and further assistance.